Saturday 10 March 2018

And a Fried Egg on Top: Korean Bibimbap


On Tuesday I was shopping in Brighton with my fabulous friend Lianne, and being that she's as much a nerd for Korean culture as I am for Japanese, she suggested we have lunch at a bibimbap shop.

Bibimbap is Korean dish of warm rice with various things on top, which you mix together before you eat. Whilst Lianne opted for the spicy chicken version, I wasn't in the mood for something spicy, so opted for their aubergine one.

After picking what kind you want, you choose from the options of rice (or rice noodles) and sauce, and can pay extra for other additions. I went for rice noodles and soy sauce, and paid the extra £1 for a fried egg on top, because experience has taught me that fried egg and soy sauce is a Really Tasty Combination.


I wouldn't rush to eat this dish again, as I didn't like having cold veggies on top of warm noodles, and it was expensive for what you got.
But it tasted good, and eating it counted towards another goal on The List!
043. Try foods of 5 different countries
I'm 3/5 of the way through that goal now, and honestly none of the national cuisines I've tried so far are of countries I expected they'd be from. All very tasty, however (I really, really want more Xinxim).

Goodness knows what cuisine I'll try next!

No comments:

Post a Comment