Saturday 18 November 2017

Swearing Therapy (and One Hell of a Goodie Bag)


After going to Stylist Live with my youngest sister last year, when I received an email about this year's event, I jumped at the chance to go.


A 'Festival of Inspiration', Stylist Live - hosted at Olympia - was chock full of health and beauty, fashion and lifestyle, with talks, food, drink and shopping!


Both of my sisters wanted to go this year, and having enjoyed the event last year, I decided to go for VIP tickets!
The VIP ticket included lots of awesome extras, such as food, drink, luxury pick 'n' mix (seen above!), glitter makeovers, a VIP lounge, beauty treatment, a talk, and a goodie bag!



There were plenty of free talks going on, but a selection in a separate room that were for Gold VIP/Silver ticket holders only. When it came to booking our spaces, I saw F**k It: Swearing Therapy and knew that had to be the one!


Hosted by Jessica Fostekew and Dr Emma Byrne, the talk was both interesting and hilarious, and of course involved lots of tension-releasing shouting at the end! And hey, nifty free pencil right there.


Our beauty treatments were manicures (middle sister and I) and a hair styling treatment (youngest sister, who is a beautician by trade so can get all the manicures she wants!) So whilst youngest sis went off to have her hair beautified by Babyliss, middle sis and I sat down with the lovely ladies at ColourRiotNails. They used ORLY nail polish, which is wonderfully bright but also enduring. Usually nail polish barely lasts a day on me, but this stuff didn't chip until yesterday!


When it came to getting our glitter, we all opted for the same eye-bag-hiding design (only in different colours). The glitter was done by Eco Glitter Fun. Their glitter is biodegradable, so better for the environment than regular glitter. Yay!


One of Stylist Live's many sponsors was Gordon's Pink Gin, who provided not only the complimentary cocktail for every attendee, but also the cocktails in the VIP area (along with Rebel Kitchen, who provided refreshing coconut water).
The cocktails were tasty, and now I want pink gin...


Food was available from many different places; as we had the VIP tickets we stuck to the food available there as it was included in the ticket price (two food items per person). There were vendors there such as The Vurger Co, Nonnas Gelato, and more (yes, I ate veggie burgers and ice cream, and damn well enjoyed both!)


There was a whole heap of stuff going on in the main part of the building, with some really fantastic stands. I really wanted to nose at this Google one, but the queue stretched all around it all day so I didn't get the chance (mostly I wanted to take pictures of the pink animals!)


My sisters and I were on the go for the whole day, and ended up missing all the catwalk shows and the free talks we'd wanted to go to, simply because we were too busy having fun with everything else that was happening!


We didn't leave until a few minutes before the event officially ended, which I think says a lot about how much there is to see, do and shop at Stylist Live!

As for the goodie bag...


I think I can say I did quite well! Beauty products to last months!

We all had a great time at Stylist Live, and hope they'll run it again next year. Something tells me we'll be looking at those VIP tickets again...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fantastic event with a ton to see & do - glad you had an awesome time! You & your sisters look fab in your glitter BTW. :) Also, those pink Google animals really -are- intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like an amazing event and what full day of fun for you gals. Wish I was closer :)

    ReplyDelete