Sunday 11 June 2017

Glazed and Fired


After learning to throw a clay pot during Brighton Fringe last month, I eagerly awaited the time when my sister and I could collect our fired pots from the Painting Pottery Cafe.

We were in Brighton today, so popped in to collect them!


This time, I got a photo of my sister's pot, too. Hers is the heart-shaped one--I think it's really cute!


I'm pleased with how mine looks after being glazed and fired, too. I keep picking it up and looking at it, quietly amazed that it's something I actually made! Though I'm a creatively-inclined person, pottery has always looked rather difficult, so it's nice to have a memento of something I've tried out and not done too badly at.

After trying out pot throwing, I'd definitely recommend it as an activity to try if you're looking for something new!

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I took a class and couldn't get that clay to rise up more than 2 inches high, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my pot is only about 2" high! It seemed perilous to try and make it go too high ahaha

      Delete
  2. Ah this looks so good! My primary school used to have a pottery shed, complete with wheel, and so we used to make things in it. But the only thing I still have is an owl that's missing one of its wings lol. Are you planning to paint your shiny new pot at all, or leave it pristine? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a pottery shed at school? That's so awesome! We just used that weird air-drying clay (and then proper clay in secondary school, but they basically never switched the kiln on, so nothing got fired. Bah).
      Won't be painting my pot as it's already glazed, but I like it as it is!

      Delete