Saturday 17 December 2016

The Sum of Those Who Went Before

The Sum of Those Who Went Before
One of the themes on Delightful Aberrations' challenge this week was ancestors. I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this one!

We have a suitcase full of old photos in the loft, so I decided to hang these up as a backdrop and take self-portraits inspired by the old images.
I couldn't find enough of the pictures in the style that I wanted to use (I'm certain there are more somewhere, I just couldn't find them!) so this had to be on a smaller scale than I wanted!
Perhaps if I had more time and/or did this again, I'd use a bigger variation of photograph styles (ordinary photos, carte visites, cabinet cards, mounted prints etc) so I could make a bigger wall of photos!

Honestly I can't say for sure how many of the people in these old photos are my direct ancestors, or even in my family! But it's more about the effect,  I think.

My £1.25 unbranded camera remote worked very well for this shoot!

3 comments:

  1. Your clothing, paired together with the photographs in the background, really does create the effect of them being your ancestors - especially the two at either sides of your head. The concept is cool!
    & Hurrah for cheap unbranded stuff coming through! It's always great when that happens :D

    Also, your necklace is gorgeous, so if you made it, kudos to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      I did make the necklace, yes! It features another Possible Ancestor, who has a very cool hat. ^_^

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete