Monday 11 July 2016

I Would Walk 500 Miles...


Since April, I've been working on a goal from The List that really got me out in the fresh air!
028. Walk at least 3 times a week for 3 months
As I wrote when I first blogged about this goal (over a month after I started, because I did so rather unwittingly), I decided to start my weeks on a Tuesday, as that's how my walks fitted in best.

Some weeks I've managed to walk almost daily; other weeks I've only just squeezed in the required three.
But I did it!

Green = Days Walked
Unfortunately I didn't manage to track all of my walks, so I don't have data on distance, time and calories for all of them.
However, I can safely say that in the past three months, I've walked over 200 miles, burning off a good 12,000 calories!

Though some of my walks have been around residential areas or cities, most of my walking adventures have been out in the beautiful Sussex countryside.
I've seen the tiniest lambs grow larger with each passing week, I've seen wild rabbits, horses, cows, and of course good old alpacas.


Despite all this walking, I've still yet to explore all the local footpaths, and several of my walking plans haven't yet come to fruition. Weather and bad health have got in the way of those, but eventually, I will walk all the places I'd planned to!

But now, I can tick this goal off the list, and put my feet up.

2 comments:

  1. This is so great. I love to hear how you are experiencing the world growing around you, especially in the form of little lambs. How awesome. That is one of my favourite things about walking in nature, watching as everything changes around you. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing your walking goal! :D
    Those cow photographs are so cute and I love how foreboding the sky looks!

    ReplyDelete