Friday 29 July 2016

Flight of the Bumblebee

Disclaimer: Not an actual bumblebee.

Usually, I would have participated in the theme challenge on Delightful Aberrations this week.
However, this week I've not had time to properly think about the prompts and come up with ideas--I've had too much else to do, and some unforseen busted-up-router-related jobs to deal with!
Also, as you read this, I am on a trip (being a nerd at an anime convention), which has taken away the majority of the time I'd otherwise have to participate.

So instead, here's a blurry bee with some mostly-blurry lavender.
I took this photo a couple of weeks ago when tinkering with my camera. Though it's really blurry, I like how it turned out, with the tiniest piece of lavender in focus and the different levels of focus on everything else.
Despite the lack of focus, I found my eye was still drawn to the bee, which I guess is why I like the picture!

Hopefully I'll be able to join in with the challenge next week!
In the meantime, here is a bonus, more in-focus bee. I'm not sure what type of bee it is--maybe aphidae or honey bee?

Tasty flowers!

1 comment:

  1. These shots are wonderful! The bee is adorable and I love how you've even captured a little shine in its eye in the second one :D

    I'm not an entomologist at all (obviously!) but, as you said, it probably is a European honey bee (Apis mellifera), since that's also a sub-species of the Apidae family. :)

    ReplyDelete