Friday 10 June 2016

Whispers Across the Veil

Mourning Through the Veil
Once again I participated in the theme challenge at Delightful Aberrations this week, opting for the theme smoke.

I took the two photos here by setting my camera up on a tripod and photographing the smoke coming from an incense stick. Nothing particularly technical, really!

The results were pot luck; I liked half the shots I ended up with, and picked these two as my absolute favourites.

The top image almost fits in with one of the other themes, 'mourning', because the smoke looks like a veiled lady with a bowed head--hence the image title. 'The Veil' is also a term used for the border between our world and the spirit world...

Whispers Across the Veil
...hence my titling of this one. (Honestly, I just thought the picture turned out cool, so thought up a title to go with it haha)

Anyway, that's it for photography this week. For my previous photos for this challenge, check out my photography tag!

1 comment:

  1. The shapes of the curls of smoke are really elegant and well-defined - they photographed really well!
    I see what you mean about the smoke resembling a veiled woman in mourning. The dark vertical line (gap in the smoke) even looks like a tear running down her cheek!

    ReplyDelete