Thursday 14 April 2016

Crucifiction and The Crucifier


It's Music Challenge time of the week again!
The acts I listened to this week are of different genres, but have a similarity in....song titles. Crucifixtion references, anyone?



Spiritual Bats
Saw a mention of this act on a friend's blog, so added them to my list!
This Italian band were active in the nineties until the early noughties. Their music has the kind of sound I think of when I think of goth acts, with prominent bass and drums, that typical guitar sound (which I never know how to describe) and slightly gravelly, 'graveyardy' vocals.
I wasn't particularly taken with this band's sound, despite having a liking for some goth music. Goes to show that you can't love everything from a specific genre!



Crucified Barbara
I don't remember where I heard about this band, but they ended up on my list somehow, so it could have been through Random Googling.
This is an all-female hard rock/heavy metal band from Sweden. I can be pretty picky when it comes to female vocals, but I enjoyed the vocalist's growly rock-metal sound. Accompanied by some epic guitar, thurmming bass and kick-ass drums, this is a band you can't ignore.
Crucified Barbara's music is just what this genre should be: unapologetic, energetic and full of punch!
Great music for when having a mad moment!
Crucified Barbara Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment