Thursday 5 March 2015

No More Books!

At the beginning of the year, I posted a photo of my reading pile. This picture:

(You can find a list of these books here)
A few weeks ago, after finding some old books I wanted to re-read, and buying a couple of other books, I promised myself, 'No More Books!'
I have ample to be getting on with, and more than I need to meet my goal of reading three per month for a year (goal #50).

But then I went to do some volunteering, and found these...


I mentioned 'No Logo' in my February books post. If the bookmark didn't give it away, I'm reading it right now ;) As for the other two, I decided to see what Germaine Greer had to say, especially since feminism is one of the hot topics at the moment. The Paulo Coelho book is one I've wanted to read for a while, so I was glad to have found it!

You would think I would have stopped buying books at that point, but that would be too sensible. The very next day, Mum and I went to meet with Nan, and I ended up in charity shops again...where I found these...


Books from Piers Anthony's Xanth series!
A friend sent me the first book from this series a couple of years ago and I enjoyed it, so when I caught sight of these, I swooped on them! They are random books from the series but apparently all standalone stories, so there shouldn't be much in the way of spoilers or problems with continuity.

You'd think that would be enough, right?


Never! I ended up buying another Paulo Coelho book in a different charity shop. (And some chocolate, from the 99p store and Holland & Barrett respectively. Chocolate is still a goal. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)

So my reading pile has increased by nine. Or fourteen if you include the re-reads I added to the pile.

I definitely, definitely am not buying any more books.

....maybe.

1 comment:

  1. *grin* I think this is only natural. *nods* I have read "Veronika Decides To Die", btw. But I have it in German :(. I wish you much fun reading, however big the reading pile gets ;)!!

    ReplyDelete