Monday 12 January 2015

Vegan Chocolate Isn't Boring

Once again I've been munching my way through various chocolates that are new to me, all in the name of reaching a goal!

This selection is thanks to Lilia (Paracosm of Lilies) and is all suitable for vegans!
People seem under the misconception that vegan food is bland and boring, but these certainly aren't. I'm not vegan, so I'm used to chocolate containing animal products, but honestly I couldn't tell the difference.
Thanks for the chocolate, Lilia!


Choices Caramel Flavoured Choices
This comes in a little box of individually foil-wrapped chocolates, like you'd get in a selection tin. Being vegan, these chocolates are dairy free but as with the other vegan chocolate I've tried, the flavour is barely any different.
These chocolates are actually good news for anyone with food allergies or sensitivities, being free from dairy, wheat, gluten and egg.
The caramel inside the chocolates is soft and smooth, without being too runny or sticky. It's fairly sweet without being overly so, and two chocolates (a serving, according to the pack) is just enough to sate a chocolate craving!



Moo Free Original Organic Bar
If the name of the bar didn't make it obvious enough, this is an organic, dairy-free chocolate bar! According to the information on the back, it is also lactose free, gluten free, wheat free, egg free, casein free, and of course suitable for vegetarians and vegans.


The chocolate itself smells gorgeous--as soon as I opened the packaging, the scent of cocoa wafted out to greet me. Though I don't drink coffee, I would imagine this chocolate to be an excellent accompaniment, as the flavour isn't overly sweet or too 'chocolatey'. However, it's just as nice with a cup of tea :)



Mini Moos Lily-Lu's Minty Moo
Another chocolate bar from Moo Free Chocolates, and once again brilliant not only for all you vegans and vegetarians out there, but also those with food tolerances--like with Moo Free's Original Organic Bar, this is also free from dairy, lactose, gluten, wheat, egg and casein.


The smell of mint catches you the moment you open the package, and it tastes just as good. As well as lovely smooth chocolate, the bar also has little crunchy bits which enhance the texture.
This bar is as delicious After Eights (and I'd happily eat an entire box of those in once sitting). The difference being that this chocolate bar has a cute mascot, Lily-Lu Lemur, on the front. I'm sold on this one!

That's another three down on my goal of 50 new (to me) chocolates, bringing the total to 25! I'm halfway there, and far from having tried all the chocolate on the market. Hurrah!

Read about more of the chocolate I've tried here

No comments:

Post a Comment