Sunday 23 November 2014

Little Forest Folk

It's been a month since I posted any more paintings, yet what I'm posting today are paintings I finished in July!
I posted them on deviantART, but never got around to sharing them here.

As before, this is towards a goal:
055. Create 52 paintings in 1 year
(The year runs from March-Feb, because March is when I started!)

Today's theme is fanart, Little Forest Folk-style

Gee Up, July 2014
Gee Up: Another fanart of Full/Tomo Furukawa, vocalist of Guniw Tools, and Shilfee and Tulipcorobockles (to name but a couple of bands). I've painted him before (he's one of my favourite people to paint in this style!) This time, here he is smoking his bubble-pipe and riding his trusty rhinoceros beetle. In painting this, I discovered that painting beetles is rather relaxing!
Am really pleased with how this one turned out.
Medium: Watercolour on watercolour paper
Size:22x14.5cm


Picnic, July 2014
 Picnic: ....yes, it's Full again, kind of. I saw some new photos of this musician recently, and his hair is much darker now! For these pictures, I used old photos for colour reference. The texture of the paper I used is less obvious in real life, but my scanner wanted to pick up on ever single detail. (Despite that, due to a small accident, the ladybird on the log is almost invisible...)
Medium: Watercolour on watercolour paper
Size: 14.5x20cm


The Visitor, July 2014
The Visitor: Once again this features Full, but also Ryutaro (vocalist of Plastic Tree). This time, Little Forst Person Full has gone to visit his friend, Little Forest Person Ryutaro, and has taken him a gift of oranges.
Am pleased with how the ground turned out on this as I was experimenting to get the dappled effect of light and shadow beneath a tree.
Medium: Watercolour on watercolour paper.
Size: 19.5x29.6cm


That's it for now! I still have other paintings to share, but those aren't as old (they were only painted in August and September instead!)

These three bring my posted total to 31, I think, though in total I've completed 36 paintings so far. Mostly they have been watercolours, though I might try painting a couple more with acrylics. Acrylic used to be my favourite paint, but this year I've favoured the ease with which I can clean up watercolours ;)

2 comments:

  1. These paintings are so adorable! The parts with Full (who is still Snuffkin, haha) in them are lovely, but I really like the other details in the pictures too. Things like the bubbles from the pipe, the shine on the beetle, the frog & strawberries, and the look of the tree all give the pictures a coherent style & give them the feel of illustrations from gorgeous old children's books. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! (He absolutely is Snufkin lol)

    ReplyDelete